Real name: Sebastian Björnerud
|Ex member of :
Abnormal (26/2-1989 -> 9-1989)
Zeb Aka “Sebastian Björnerud” was a member of the groups Abnormal and Panoramic Designs
on C64 scene and on the group Armada on Amiga. Zeb made fine sid music (c64) and Mods for Amiga releases . he had a lot of friends on the scene who miss him so much. we also!
date of death: 2014
interview with Zeb
- 1-How did your interest for computers start? Which year was that?
I guess it was in 81/82 and it started with nintendo game&watch. a year or so
later my neighbours started getting computers, c64, sinclair zx81, amstrad etc.
- 2-What machines did you previously have? What did you do with them?
I got my first computer in 85, a Spectravideo (svi-328), I purchased a cbm64
that same year. later in 88, i got an Amiga. I played games for the most part,
untill i got the Amiga.
- 3-For what specific reason did you end up making music rather than gfx, coding?
I started out playing around with deluxe-paint2, but I was so lousy, my friends
introduced me to tracking! 🙂 I was always playing instruments, since
childhood, so i guess it was the easiest thing to do..
- 4-Which composing programs have you been using? Which one in particular?
I started out with a tracker called (I think) sound-player (?) I`m not sure
anymore! 😉 but I soon discovered soundtracker (1.3 i think, original obarski
version anyway). it swept me away. on the c64 i used a proggy called
- 5-With which module did you feel you had reached your goal?
Well, sun-fun was good at the time (I felt) but some of the best ones (in my
opinion, was lost (corupted floppies.. agh!))
- 6-Is there a tune you would like not to remember? For what reason?
Hehe several, does cheese say anything to you? 😀
- 7-In your opinion, what’s the value of a music in a demo, game?
It means 99%, i would never stick to my cbm64, and amiga, if it werent for
the music, but ask a coder, and he`ll answer in hex, hehe!
- 8-At present, are you still composing? For professional or leisure purposes?
Absolutely, i had a break for quite a good time (partyparty), but I started
slowly again back in 97, and I found to my great plasure the familiar looking
ft2. I hope to use my music somewhere in time..
- 9-What do you think of today’s pieces of music such as mpeg,wave,midi,etc…?
Midi is booring, mpeg is practical, and wav is great! 🙂
- 10-Could you tell us some of your all times favourite tunes?
Cbm64: Martin Galway – terra cresta, paralax, wizball, rambo, the loaders i
could go on for ever..
Rob Hubbard: Zoids, Last v8, Delta etc. etc.
Tim Follin: he had controll man! check him out if you havent already.
Fred Grey, Ben Daglish, and many many more..
(almost) All the Thomas Dahlgren (uncle tom) trax.
Codex of Razor was great.
- 11-Are you planning to make an audio cd with some of your music remastered?
If I can find them all, i think i would.
- 12-What bands are you currently listenning to?
80`s synthdisco, like Mike Mareen, and Trans-x, but also psy-trance (Mino,
logic bomb, etc.) Depeche mode is one of my favorites.. then there`s 70`s
fusion-jazz, classical music (romantic) like Wagner, Tchaicowsky, and Jon
Williams (if you could call that bands.. hehe!) get a picture? 🙂
- 13-What does/did the amiga/c64 scene give you?
A lot of fun, and today i work with computers, with almost no effort, compared
to getting a similar job, and education.
- 14-Are you still active in the scene these days?
Nah, i have contacted many ppl, but we are on different scenes now..
- 15-Anyone to greet? Anything left to say? Feel free…
I would like to thank Zero The Hero (Abnormal), and greetings goes to:
Uncle Tom, Lord Strangelove, Ziphoid, Codex, Sector 9, Doctor no (all Razor
1911), Buzz (Abnormal), Fist (Abnormal), Rocky (Abnormal), Power (Abnormal),
Spacechicken (Network), Condor (Armada), Optimus Prime (Rawhead), Moonray
(Rawhead), Cycle-Burner (Contex), Prosonix, and all the other guys that I
can / can`t remember.. Zeb signing off…. . . .
Leave a rose with a comment ♥